Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Weight Watcher's- Week One


I spent this week focusing on one thing- tracking. I had already been in the habit of tracking calories on myfitnesspal, but I needed to get back in the habit of tracking points. 

I tracked, with 100% honesty.

Weight Watcher's gives you a set amount of daily points (the minimum you have to eat) as well as 49 extra weekly points to use as you would like. You also have the opportunity to earn activity points.

For now, I'm only tracking activity points by what my Jawbone UP gives me, and I am not eating them back. I really want to work on my relationship with food before I get back into focusing on fitness. My workout plan for July is 15 workouts. No real plan, just to be active for 15 days of the month in one way or another.

My first week ended like this:


And it paid off:


I'm partly shocked that I lost as much as I did, but at the same time, I'm not. I don't want to sound too full of myself, but I worked the plan and it showed. 

I'm beyond excited and ready to take on week 2. I want to keep this momentum going, so in addition to tracking, this week I'm focusing on water and more fruits and veggies. 

In other recent events, Isabel started Tae Kwon Do tonight. She'll be going two days a week in hopes of improving her concentration, respect and discipline. 

I did Tae Kwon Do when I was younger and ended up earning my black belt. I loved it. 

Isabel has been testing her limits, and winning. I'm not proud to admit it, but parenting is hard.. And I've reached a breaking point in my patience. So, Patrick and I are working on our team work and parenting and utilizing whatever outside help we can get. 

Thankfully, the studio near us is having a deal for a 4 week trial (two days a week) and a uniform. We figured if we see a difference in 4 weeks and/or she's enjoying it, we'll continue. Here's hoping!!! 







And another blanket is complete! I finished last night and was able to give it to my coworker today. It's the first blanket to receive a name... 

50 shades of green.


This is just a quarter of the blanket. Even with taking the blanket with me to Mammoth, it still took me 3 weeks to finish. At this pace, I won't be done with my list for another two and a half years. Whoops!!

Time to get back to work on the next blanket..

No comments:

Post a Comment