Sunday, June 21, 2015

Saying "See You Later".. Not Goodbye

I had a mini meltdown last night thinking about the end of this chapter of my life. I know it's the absolute right thing for me to do right now, but it feels so final.

It took me so long to consider myself a runner and now I'm back to not knowing how to define myself. I'll figure it out eventually, but for now I feel lost.

I know that just because I say the Mammoth Half Marathon is my last race doesn't mean that it has to be. I can always sign up for another race if that desire ever returns, but for now I have zero desire. 

So, see you later dear friend. It has been a hell of a ride the past five years. I have pushed myself to my limits and beyond and have proven to myself over and over that I can do anything I set my mind to..

I was slightly emotional this morning before the race started, but Patrick was there for me by text..


I am forever grateful to all of the support I have received from my family and friends over the years. I would never have been able to do all that I have without my family and friends.





Here's to the next thing.

Here's to the adventures and the surprises awaiting each turn. 

Here's to new experiences with family and old friends.

Here's to new friends and the excitement ahead of us.

Here's to stepping out of my shell and showing the real me instead of hiding.

Here's to me.


To looking back with fond memories and looking forward to a bright future. 

2 comments:

  1. This is a tough choice, but I can't say it is one I have never considered. I think you're doing the right thing for you at this moment and that's all you can do! If you want to come back to racing later, it will always be here. I don't blame you for wanting to take a break from training - it is mentally and physically exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing is, I still enjoy running and can do that anytime I want. I really got burnt out at the beginning of this year and have been struggling for months. This feels right, and you're right, racing isn't going anywhere :) Thank you for always being so supportive of me!!

      Delete