Saturday, June 27, 2015

Out With The Old

It may be summer, but I'm in a spring cleaning type of mood. 

Ever since we moved into our house a year ago, we've been adding to our pile of stuff to sell at a garage sale. It's been getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger, basically taking over a large portion of our garage. 

My parents and in laws both gave us items to sell as well, meaning that the amount of stuff was pretty overwhelming, in a good way.

I got a call from my sister a couple weeks ago that her neighborhood was planning a garage sale. She gets a lot more traffic down her street, so we decided to mark our stuff and bring it over, in hopes of making some money (to be put into our savings and go towards debt) and emptying out our garage. 


But here's the "problem"... 

Now I want to go through the entire house and clean it all out/organize it again. 

There are still a lot of rooms that need to be cleaned, but at this point- since the garage is finally ready to be organized- everything that doesn't make the cut will be donated. 

Win-Win

I'm excited to get the house condensed, cleaned, and organized so that I can finally take some pictures to share. I would like to do a before and after post to show the changes we made from when we bought the house to now, but there's always a project on the list (and I'm sure there always will be).

It's been fun watching our house transform into our home. I continue to fall deeper in love with it everyday, and even though I say that I wish we had more space, I know that this house was meant for us. 

I see a lot of cleaning in my future for the rest of today and tomorrow.. It will be so worth it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment