Friday, June 19, 2015

Take a Hike

Today was our scheduled active day to hike into Devil's Postpile and Rainbow Falls. 

I've been dreading this day since the beginning of the trip because I've been so inactive lately. I am the most out of shape I've been, probably ever. And I've done this hike before and know how difficult it can be.

It was so worth every huff and puff, every rapid heartbeat, every questioning thought of why I agreed to do this.





4 miles- about 3 to the falls, and about 1 to the bus stop. Unfortunately, the 1 mile back to the bus stop is so much more difficult than the 3 going in. 

But I did it! 

It may just be the after glow and the endorphins, but I feel great, and I really hope that I can remember this feeling when the motivation disappears again. 

I do want to be in shape, desperately, so what's holding me back? Why can't I seem to just do it? Why are the excuses and laziness so much easier? 

Well, I'm not going to dwell on that now. I'm going to enjoy the rest of this vacation and spend some time digging deep and thinking about what I really want and how I can realistically get there.


Because I can get there. And I will..

No comments:

Post a Comment