Tuesday, June 9, 2015

My New Hobby

I learned how to crochet a long time ago by my Grandma. It never became something I did often, but the time I spent with her learning is meaningful to me.

After she passed away I became more interested in making scarves and blankets. I would watch my mom create these beautiful blankets and just sit in awe of her talent. So I asked her to reteach me.

Only recently has crocheting become something I want to spend my time doing. I had made a blanket or two and a few scarves here and there, but nothing big or crazy. 

Sometime in April/May I made the decision to make a baby blanket for a pregnant coworker. While at the craft store I then purchased a few skeins of a mixed yarn, with no intentions of giving it to anyone, just to keep my hands busy. 

When I got back to work after my lunch break, a coworker saw the yarn, states he loved the colors and I said that it was going to be for him then.

My obsessive compulsiveness took over at that point and I have since purchased enough yarn to make blankets for 37 friends/family/coworkers as well as baby blankets and extra yarn to make blankets for the cats and dogs at the local animal shelter.

The yarn has taken over my garage and I am in the process of organizing it to keep it out of the way. 

For now, I'm just enjoying the stress relief I get from crocheting and loving the feeling I get when I finish and can give the blanket away.





I love that each blanket I have made is so unique and different from the last. It makes it interesting for me and special for each individual person. 

4 done, 33 to go.. If not more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment