Thursday, June 25, 2015

It's All About The Mindset

It may just be because I'm in the "honeymoon" phase of this attempt and feeling positive is a normal emotion of this part of the journey, but I'm choosing to believe that it is so much more than that. 

I have never started a weight loss program while feeling positive. I've always started because of a negative reason:
I hate the way I look.
I hate how much I way.
I hate the way my clothes fit.
I hate my body.

This time I'm doing it because:
I'm ready to be healthy.
I'm ready to be active again.
I already love my body and what it's done for me and can do for me, I'm just ready to improve what I already have.
I've done this before and I know I can do it again. 
I'm prepared to celebrate my progress no matter what.

I've only just started, but I feel good. I don't feel discouraged. I feel positive that I can do this. I will do this.

I've set a weight goal in my head, but am prepared to be flexible. I have an amazing support team and I know that I can rely on them, but more importantly, I know I can rely on myself. 

I can be my own cheerleader and celebrate my successes. 

It's so different this time. And that feels so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment