Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Mammoth

My favorite place in the world is, and probably always will be Mammoth, CA. I've been coming to Mammoth almost every year since I can remember. It's "home" to me. 


Last year we came to Mammoth as a vacation, but also for a half marathon. It's pretty obvious that it became my favorite half marathon, even before we ran it. So, there was no hesitation when registration opened for 2015. 

We arrived on Monday and will be leaving next Monday. 8 days in my favorite place.. How did I get to be so lucky?! 

Our vacation so far has consisted of good food, relaxation, crocheting, reading, a drive around the lakes to take pictures (cannot wait to print them for our room and share them here) and taking the kids zip lining at the base of Mammoth Mountain. 


I have the rest of the week planned with a lot of relaxing, hiking, possibly horse back riding, lots of picture taking, fishing, and running the half marathon. 

The half marathon will be ran slowly and with no GPS watch. Just my interval timer and my camera. I'm taking this one slow and steady and enjoying myself. 

This will be my last half marathon.. But more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment