Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Home Improvements

Patrick and I recently celebrated owning our home for one year. Neither of us can believe how fast this year has gone by! 

We have accomplished so much this first year, but there is still (and always will be) more to do.

I am so lucky to be able to have a handy man as my husband. I know that he's able to be my fixer upper on the difficult projects that I can't do. But what I lack in that area, I think I make up in interior design.

This week, while I'm out of town, Patrick's honey do list has only one task: to begin work on our backyard patio/garden. 

The space outside of our bedroom started as a garden area with fruits and vegetables. That's changing after a lot of discussion. We will still have a garden area, but it's moving to a smaller section while we turn the current area into a patio area with pavers, furniture and a gazebo, and outlined with flowers and other plants.

Patrick has been working hard to get the backyard cleaned up, roto tilled and leveled before re routing the sprinkler system. It's going to look amazing!! 

But for now it looks like this:




I am so impressed in what he was able to accomplish in one day, and can't wait to make the image in our heads into reality. What a difference it will make.

No comments:

Post a Comment