Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Weight Loss Attempt #327

I'm officially at my highest adult weight (it just keeps going up) and am officially ready to do something about it. 

I decided a couple days ago that I'm tired of being out of shape. I'm tired of getting out of breath after short distances. I'm just tired. I decided that I wanted to make a motivation board for myself to, well- motivate myself. 

I wanted positive quotes, a chart showing my losses, and a bikini to work towards wearing with confidence, etc.

I went out last night and bought the bikini. I didn't want to be unrealistic about a size I would fit into, so I bought a large for both the top and bottom. And then I started thinking about how I was actually going to lose the weight..

That's when we drove by Weight Watchers and the meeting (with my favorite leader) was starting in 45 minutes.


So I signed up. Because, for me, I need the meetings. I need the leader. I have seen success before. I know I can do it again. 

I feel very positive about it this time. Mostly because I'm in such a different place mentally and going into it I actually feel like I can do it. But also because I'm not training for anything right now and won't be. I found that weight loss was extremely difficult for me while running as much as I was, for both the reason that I needed to fuel my body and because I had no self control in how I was fueling my body. But now I can simply focus on my eating while using exercise as something to enjoy.

I'm not going crazy with the goals or plans or schedules. 

In fact, this week I am only hoping to track everything honestly (as I've been doing with myfitnesspal, so it shouldn't be a problem) and drink more water while staying within my points. 

In regards to working out, I am looking at it on a week to week basis and scheduling 3-5 workouts a week. This can include a run, a walk, the bike, strength, etc. Basically whatever I feel like. 

So this week I have strength scheduled today and Friday and cardio scheduled for tomorrow. 

Weigh ins will be Tuesday nights and I will take progress pictures and measurements monthly. I took my "before" pictures last night, but I am not ready to share them.. All pictures will be in my goal bikini. 

I guess I've been in denial. I mean, I know I've gained weight.. I'm not that delusional, but seeing those pictures really shocked me and I am using that as extra motivation.


I'm starting this time at 206.4
The healthy weight range for my height is 135-169
My goal weight is 150
I know my body and I know that when I plateau in the healthy range that's when I will stop, even if it's over 150.

I've done this before and I will do this again.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment