Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Weigh In #8


The reason I feel like I haven't been giving this my all was because I had a fear that if I had (what I would consider) a good week where I ate well, splurged a little, tracked everything and exercised and lost very little (less than half a pound), maintained or gained then it would mean that I failed. I feared being judged or disappointing others.

But I started to realize that I would rather try my best and see what happens. I started to realize that no one cares about my weight loss the way I do. I started to realize that no one should judge me for this, regardless of what happens at weigh in.

So I made it my only goal to track all week, and I did..

I tracked the 51 activity points I earned and everything I ate using them. I tracked the eating out and the eating in. I tracked the beer and s'more I drank and ate while sitting around the fire pit. I tracked the pot luck lunch I had at work. I tracked the weekly points. I amazingly ended Monday night with exactly zero points. I didn't go over..

The results??


Starting weight: 185.4
Current weight: 181.2
Weekly +/-: 0.2
Total +/-: -4.2

I lost a minimal amount of weight last night, what I had previously feared. And I survived. 

Not only did I survive, but I was ecstatic! I had a talk with myself before weigh in. I basically said whatever happens, happens. The number on the scale does not define me or matter in any way other than showing me what I weigh and the only reason that matters is because it would be better for my health and my running to be in a healthy weight range. I told myself that the scale lies sometimes and the hard work you put into it doesn't always show right away.

As a daily weigher, my weight fluctuated this week as it always does, however it very rarely went above 179.8, except for on weigh in day. Funny how that happens.. Instead of pouting about it, I've decided to continue my tracking streak because it makes me feel in control and, well, fantastic!! 

This week was an absolute success in my mind. Not every week is going to be a 51 activity point week, and some weeks are going to have more temptations than others, but I'm simply ready to do this and ready to get out of my own way.

I faced my fear this week and I won. I can't explain how amazing I feel knowing that I can do it again this week. 

My goal for the next week is to continue tracking. It takes 21 days to make a habit, so I'm doing one better and making each goal last a month before adding in another one. That way it will already be a habit before I start doing something new. 

Here's onto another fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment