Friday, July 18, 2014

Home Update- Isabel's Room Before/After

The theme for Isabel's room was by far the easiest of all of the bedrooms. The rest of the rooms went off of a color, Isabel's room is based on a movie.

Since seeing Frozen shortly after it came out in theater's last year, Isabel has been obsessed.

Obsessed may be an understatement...

For awhile there she was watching the movie multiple times a day as well as reading books and the script of the movie. She always wanted her hair in a braid (either one on the side to be Elsa or two on either side to be Anna). The CD was on repeat in my car and we would both sing along to each of the songs, always waiting until the song was over before turning the car off.

It was difficult to really decorate Isabel's bedroom in the apartment the way we really wanted to. She wanted all of her Frozen stuff up, but sharing a room with Kaleb and Leah made it difficult. They weren't with us all the time, but enough that I didn't want them to have to spend their time in a kid's room. I wanted it to feel like their room too.

Now that they have their own rooms, I am able to go with the Frozen theme and I really like how it turned out..


 

 
 
 

 

 






 
According to Patrick, we overdid the Frozen a bit. According to Isabel, she loves it and wants more. I'm really happy with how it all turned out, and she's keeping it picked up and clean. Considering how their room looked at the apartment after she played I am quite surprised and pleased with the way we are both keeping our promise to keep the house neat and organized.

It definitely helps to have a larger space and a place for everything to go.

I was walking through the house last night and I just couldn't help but smile to myself. I feel so incredibly lucky that this is our home. I love what we have done to make it our own and I am looking forward to many more weekend projects to continue the improvements. It's going to feel strange when we have completed our to do lists and can actually have our house warming party.

We are very grateful to have a small get together at our house this weekend and I am so excited to be able to show our house off to Patrick's family. His cousin is in town and there will be about 20 or so people here for dinner Saturday night. It will be so much fun to get to host a small party and spend some time with his family. I really lucked out when I married Patrick, in so many ways.

For a final before/after picture..


 
The baby birds have hatched! They seem to be doing well. Momma bird is doing a fabulous job at taking care of them and it is amazing to watch her from the kitchen window. More often than not she is sitting on them, but I love watching her feed them. I was watering a couple of plants in the backyard and she flew off of the nest and you could see their little heads bobbing around looking for her and for food. It is amazing to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment