Friday, July 11, 2014

Home Update- Bathroom Before/After

Another room is finally finished! Well, almost. 

Other than a light above the medicine cabinet (which has been purchased and will be installed very soon) the main bathroom is finished and I couldn't be happier with the results.

I wanted a happy color for our bathroom, something light but inviting. A color that I could do a lot with in regards to decor. Since Patrick nixed the idea of using a light yellow in our bedroom I decided to use that for the bathroom and I think he was right, it does look really good in a smaller space. 

I went a little shop happy as soon as we knew the house was ours and waited for escrow to close. My mom and I found a lot of fantastic stuff at swap meets and thrift stores to cut down on costs and I really lucked out with so many items. One in particular was a cabinet I wanted to use in the bathroom. 

When I bought it, I bought it somewhat blind, meaning I wasn't sure if it was going to fit where I wanted it to go. I just decided it was too good of an opportunity to pass up and if it didn't for there then I would find some place for it to go. 

It fit perfectly and I am so happy that I decided to just get it. 

The other decor came easily and most were odds and ends that didn't quite match in the rooms they were intended for, but I think it works well where it is now and am overall happy. I may be partial, but I love the frames about the cabinet and am glad my choice of pictures works. I took those pictures my first semester of photography in college and have been hoping to find ways to incorporate my pictures in the house.

 











 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The rest of the house is coming along and there are very few things that need to be done to finish the rest of the rooms. It feels very strange to have the front yard on it's way to being done along with the rest of the rooms. The living room is awaiting chair railing, Isabel's room is awaiting pictures to be hung on her walls and our bedroom is awaiting a few frames on the walls. Nothing crazy am nothing that should take too much time.

And then there is the garage...

As of right now it is a staging ground for the things we have decided to sell at the garage sale as well as what we intend to us in the art room, workout area and man cave. The problem is 1. Finding the time 2. Finding the money and 3. Actually deciding on what we want to do/how we want to set it up. It will get done, but it's on the bottom of the to-do list right now.

The main focus before we have people over for a house-warming of sorts is the house, the front yard (almost done), the back area and the back garden. 

I'm sure we'll be working on the house for as long as we live there because that's what happens when you buy a house. There will always be improvements that need to be done. For now we are just thrilled with what we have already done. It's amazing to continuously fall in love with your home. Best decision we have made as a married couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment