Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Weigh In #7


After skipping last weeks weigh in and with the holiday I wasn't quite sure what to expect at weigh in last night. I went in with no particular feelings either way (other then a sense that I had gained) and knew that I just needed to step on the scale to be aware of where I was so I could take on this next week.




Starting weight: 185.4
Current weight: 181.4
Weekly +/-: 0.0
Total +/-: -4.0

Imagine my surprise when I stepped on the scale and saw that I had maintained my weight from two weeks ago! I am not going to question it. I didn't eat completely off track and I was physically active even if I didn't follow my training plan all weekend. I need to stop thinking that one meal off plan or a few skipped workouts are the end of the world.

It was a great way to start the next Weight Watcher's week. I had already tracked my food for yesterday through lunch and that feeling I got at weigh in and during the meeting (the one that makes me feel like I can do this) helped me track honestly through dinner. Sure, I used the 9 activity points I earned and 9 of my extra weekly points, but it was used on salmon and brown rice. Not a bad day. And those points are meant to be used and should be used if I'm burning that many calories.

Now that momentum and motivation needs to stay for the next 6 days so that I can prove to myself that I can work this program and see success no matter what the scale says. If I eat well and exercise like I plan to and the scale is up then it doesn't mean I've failed. It means that I am fueling my body and becoming stronger. 

There are too many factors that can affect the scale. The important thing is that I keep on keeping on and making that forward progress. So that's my plan, to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I am a very all or nothing person, so setting 5 goals for myself and attempting them all is part of my personality. I'm realizing that it doesn't make me weak or a failure to set one goal at a time until I can make that goal a part of my life before adding in another one. It also doesn't make me weak or a failure to make it a manageable and attainable goal.

So, for this week, my one and only goal is to track. The good, the bad, the ugly and all of those little bites, licks and tastes (BLTs). I need to make it a habit to track everything, every day. It's doable, since I can track on my phone and I usually always have my phone on me. It's just the act of doing it and following through. But no one is standing in my way except for me. 

And it's about time I step aside and allow myself to see what I'm capable of..

No comments:

Post a Comment