Thursday, July 10, 2014

Lemonade Cupcakes

We decided to have a potluck lunch at work to celebrate the beginning of summer. The lunch got pushed back past July 1st since that is one of our busiest dates.

I decide to bake cupcakes because I truly enjoy baking. I wanted to do something creative and decided to make lemonade cupcakes. I have made them before but had a different cake mix. To be honest, I like the look of the first version better.





The weather affected a lot this time around and due to the heat the frosting didn't quite turn out the way I wanted, but they are still kind of cute and definitely a great way to kick off the summer. Plus, cupcakes!!!

I really want to start experimenting in the kitchen with different cupcake recipes. I am also really interested in taking a cupcake decorating class. I just need to take the plunge and actually sign up..

This time I used a lemon boxed mix and followed the directions on the back. I love lemon flavored cakes, so I decided to add a half teaspoon of lemon extract. The frosting was plain white frosting with a pink lemonade mix in. The garnish is a Starburst which I molded to look like a lemon. Unfortunately, the bag of Starburts only had 6 yellows so I used some pinks to garnish the rest. 

Hopefully they taste good. I resisted the temptation to have any last night and instead will try one with everyone else. Here's hoping they turn out well! 






We're a little late on the summer kick off party because July 1st is a busy work period for us at work. But it's never too late to celebrate or have a party! Hope everyone is having a fabulous summer so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment