Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Weigh In

Starting weight: 183.8
Goal weight: 163.8
Last weeks weight: 179.2
Current weight: 180.8
Current +/-: +1.6
Total +/-: -3.0
BMI: 26.7
Body fat %: 28.5%



Well, it's pretty obvious that my rate of weight loss is a lot slower than it would be if I wasn't running as much as I am or working out as often as I am. Today will mark my 18th day in a row of working out (some days more intense than others), and I am into my third week of scheduled workouts with zero skipped workouts, and a few rescheduled exercises. 

It's because I am going to be in training mode for a while that I'm going to add in the body fat percentage as a form of measurement. I am excited to see the changes my body will make from strength training and how it will affect my running, but I know from experience that I don't have a fast rate of weight loss to begin with, add on top of it training and strength and it slows even more, add on top of that I'm less than 20 pounds from my "goal"/healthy weight and it slows even more.. 

Meaning I need additional ways to track my progress other than from the scale. Although the scale is the easiest form, it's not always the most accurate and it doesn't tell the whole story. So I will continue to track my measurements and I will track my body fat %. 

The best part of this journey is that despite the ups and downs I don't feel defeated. In fact, I feel more determined than ever. I'm focused on so much more than losing weight and I think that's such a huge improvement to only being concerned with what the scale says on a daily basis. 

I've made some major changes this past year, especially on my outlook and I am looking forward to bringing that positivity with me into the new year. 2015 is going to be a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment