Thursday, December 18, 2014

Half Fanatics

It's official! I've qualified to be a Half Fanatic and have a membership now and will soon be proudly wearing this:


I wasn't sure if I wanted to sign up or not when I made the plan to run this many half marathons in a year, but I figured I'm proud of what I accomplished this year and I should flaunt it. 

The criteria is based on streaks you have completed, ranging from Neptune (2 half marathons within a 16 day time frame or 3 half marathons within a 90 day time frame) to the Sun (52 half marathons or more within 365 days, 30 half marathons in 30 US states, countries, or Canadian provinces (any combination) within 365 days or 20 countries within 365 days.


I qualified for Saturn- 4 half marathons within 37 days, 12-18 half marathons withing 365 days, 4 half marathons in 4 different US states, countries or Canadian provinces (any combination) in 51 days. 

I am beyond ecstatic that I can proudly call myself a fanatic. It seems more real now, which doesn't really make any sense. I've considered myself to be a runner for a while now. I guess now that I have over 20 half marathons completed and many more scheduled makes it different... It shouldn't, but it does. 



I'm very excited to be able to wear my new shirt once it arrives, and I'll be even more excited when I can wear it to a race. I'm wearing that shirt with pride. I've earned it!! 

*Workout update: 
Wednesday scheduled- walk, bike, run
Wednesday actual- 2.04 mile walk, 2.41 mile run, 35 minute stationary bike

Thursday scheduled- walk, strength
Thursday actual- 2.04 mile walk, 2.04 mile walk, 30 Day Shred Level 1

Thursday made 5 days in a row! Consistency!! I also made a decision to not shoot for a perfect month at all next year. Instead, I'm highlighting the workouts I complete in pink and the workouts I skip in blue. The goal is to have more pink than blue. Simple enough. As my friend said, I'm working towards progress, not perfection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment