Thursday, December 18, 2014

2015 Race Schedule

2014 was supposed to be my "big" year of races. I was going to run 14 half marathons in 2014 and then slow down in 2015.


Unfortunately it just sparked my love for running even more and I do not plan on slowing down. In fact, I'm doing the opposite..

I don't have a goal to complete a certain number of races this year, in fact I'm only signed up for a total of 8 races (not including Tracy's Dose of Dopey in January). The reason I consider this year to be bigger than last year is because of those 8 races, 3 of them are marathons (again, not including Dopey).

I told Patrick that I'm thinking of slowing down in 2016, but that he can't hold that statement against me. In all honesty, I want to keep running and racing as long as I can and I don't want to look back and think of the races I wished I had done. So as long as I am physically (and financially) able to I want to keep participating.. 

But even if I slow down on racing I don't plan on slowing down on running. The goals will just be different. Focused on streaking or speed or distance still, but no bib, shirt or medal at the end. 

I may even push myself to run a 5K or 10K on my own every weekend while tracking my progress with speed and pace. But until then, I'm going to enjoy the races I am signed up for and continue to dream about the races I may never get to run due to financial limitations. Traveling is not an option right now, so many races on my bucket list are out..

But it doesn't mean I won't enjoy every minute of the ones I am racing this year! 

2015
January
8th: Tracy's Dose of Dopey 5K
9th: Tracy's Dose of Dopey 10K 
10th: Tracy's Dose of Dopey Half
11th: Tracy's Dose of Dopey Full

March
15th: LA Marathon
28th: Chesebro Half

April
11th: Hollywood Half
26th: Ojai Half

May
24th: Mountains 2 Beach Marathon

June
21st: Mammoth Half

November 
7th: Santa Barbara Veterans Day Marathon

December
13th: Santa to the Sea

It's going to be another great year of races and more memorabilia to add to my garage/gym. I've been working on getting it put together and I love how it's coming along! Can't wait to share it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment