Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wrong Direction


Well, gaining 1.4 pounds this week was not the plan.. And if I'm being honest it's not where I was on Sunday when I peeked at the scale. In fact Sunday showed 177.8. Meaning I'm allowing myself to fall back into certain old habits.

The good news is that I'm not spiraling out of control with emotions over seeing a gain this week. In fact, after I stepped off the scale and put it away I looked in the mirror and told myself it was time to get back to being motivated and to get back to tracking. 

I can sit here and justify the gain. I ran 23 miles and burned over 2000 calories on Sunday after a 10 mile walk and over 1000 calorie burn on Saturday. Did I eat enough? Did I eat too much? Although I skipped two strength workouts (with good reason) I did strength train. Is my body building muscle already? Am I setting myself up to fail by trying to lose weight while being up in these higher miles? 

Truth is, the gain happened because I only tracked breakfast and lunch 6 of the past 7 days. Truth is, I gained because I couldn't resist the chocolates in the break room yesterday. Truth is, I gained because I've been eating beyond comfort. 

Truth is.. I'm not upset about it.

I'm not jumping for joy, but I'm not eating my feelings. Progress!! I'm fitting into my clothes, getting rid of old ones that don't fit anymore, treating myself to new ones that make me feel good and overall just happy with where I am. 

I'm not sure what this week will bring. I'm not sure when I will fit in strength training, I'm not sure why my hip still hurts from Sunday's run. I'm not sure how this coming Sunday's race will go. 

I am sure that I'm going to track as accurately as I can. I am sure that I can stay off of the scale this week. I am sure that I am doing something for my body am mind that I never have before. It's usually one or the other, but this time I'm working on both and seeing improvements, which is the best part of it all. 

Plus, worrying less about what I weigh has given me so much more time to do other things, like spend quality time with my family and work on crafting and reading. Important things.. Well, more important than stressing about weight at least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment