Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Weigh In

Night before weigh in:

I'm anticipating a gain for this week. A pretty big one if I'm being honest with myself. A frustrating thought that is making me feel like I'm falling back into old habits of doing well and being motivated and then slipping up once and allowing it to turn into weeks, months, years of slip ups. 


But, I'm not going back to old habits. In fact, I'm not going to let whatever the scale says tomorrow change my mood. It's going to be a small, insignificant view of my week and nothing more. In fact, there were so many other things that happened this past week that mean so much more than what a scale says.. 

A 5K with Isabel, Thanksgiving dinner with my parents, a Christmas tree, Christmas decorating, walking the dog as a family, BBQ chicken pizza, SUSHI!, being told I'm the best mom in the world, being asked to read Harry Potter to Isabel, slobbery dog kisses, following through and getting up for an early morning strength training workout, rain, running in the rain for 8.5 miles, sticking to my scheduled training plan all weekend, sending Christmas cards, helping a coworker who really needed it, being complimented on my work multiple times by multiple people, looking forward to my next workout, winning tickets to see Ingrid Michaelson in concert, looking forward to said concert, looking forward to my parents Christmas bunko party, wearing makeup, wearing outfits that I feel cute in, reaching mileage goals, reaching mileage milestones, listening to Christmas music, cuddling with Marley in the mornings, feeling confident that I'm doing something good and healthy for my body, patience, feeling excited for Christmas and preparing all the gifts for family and friends.. And so much more. 


I mean, when I look back on my week like that I have no reason to look at the number tomorrow as anything other than a hiccup. I'm not going to pretend that it's not going to suck to see a gain, because it will. That's obviously not what I'm going for here, but in the grand goal of losing 20 pounds I'm sure this won't be my last gain.. I need to look at it as a chance to make next week a better week choice wise. I can choose better foods for my body. I can also splurge but take smaller portions. I can do this.. 

I'm not sure how my body is going to respond to the strength training and additional long mileage runs. I know in the past my body stayed the same or gained, but I'm not only focusing on that this time. My measurements have already gone down and my clothes are already fitting better and that all happened before the strength training started. I can only imagine what will happen after I've been doing it for a while. That's what I need to remember. That overall, my choices are better and I am being a healthier person. I'm motivated to reach my goals and I'm going to do what I can to get there. I'm getting up early to complete a workout and I'm sticking to my training no matter the weather. The old me would have made excuses to skip the workouts and wouldn't have thought twice about it. 

I think I'm going to be alright.. 

Weigh in day: 

+0.2

I'm shocked. I really thought I would see a much higher number when I stepped on the scale. So much so that I stepped on 4 times to make sure. But it said the same thing each time. 

So here I am. Ready to track accurately and get back to losing. I can and will do this. I've been sticking to my planned workouts and actually enjoying it. I've been getting up early and doing my strength DVD before work. I've been trying (weather permitting) to get in my miles. 

I've reached my original mileage goal (1250) for the year and reached a milestone of over 3000 miles since starting tracking. I've upped my yearly goal to 1400 total miles, so I'm hoping to reach that. It will involve quite a push to get there, but I think that will be good for me. Give me incentive to keep up with training and to keep moving the rest of the month.

Here's to another week! I got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment