Friday, July 31, 2015

Another Blanket Down

This blanket took me the most time to finish, if for no other reason than I took the pressure off of myself to try to get it done in 3 weeks. I worked on it when I felt like it, no goal in mind. If I only did a few rows instead of a whole skein of yarn then it was progress in the right direction. 

This past month has been stressful to say the least, and there has been a lot on my mind. I'm thankful to have a hobby I can turn to to distract me.. I'm even more thankful for family and friends who have
been there through every exciting and every devastating moment.

This most recent project is on it's way to someone very special on the other side of the country. 

 (Just a quarter of it's actual size)

This blanket has been loved and I had some special helpers:



I think they'll both miss it.. At least until the next one is big enough to cuddle up against.. 

And the next one has already started to take shape. I'm doing this one a little differently and I love how it's turning out already. Lots of color changes and a new pattern. I have to keep it interesting after all!! 


This one is for my mom. I gave her the yarn for her birthday on June 2nd and am excited to finally get to work on it to actually give it to her. I kept the last blanket a "secret" and didn't share progress pictures, but this one will be seen almost daily. 

I'm trying extremely hard to stay out of Michael's and Joann's. The list of blankets to make is slowly getting shorter and I need to stop trying to think of more people to make blankets for. It is an expensive hobby to have. 

And in reality, I really do want to start making blankets for the animal shelter. But that won't happen until the list of people I'm making blankets for is completed. Good thing I truly enjoy this, since it looks like I'll be at it for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment