Saturday, July 4, 2015

3 Day Weekend

I was very lucky to get yesterday off from work in observance of the 4th of July. I could have spent that extra day off cleaning, but chose to spend it by treating myself.

I started the day off with 30 minutes on the stationary bike because I knew if I waited it wouldn't get done.

Then I met my mom and we went out to breakfast and spent some time printing pictures from our Mammoth vacation. 

I also took the opportunity to get my first pedicure in at least a year...


Yes, I was crocheting while getting a pedicure.


Because I was constantly in running shoes and workout attire I decided to cut pedicures out of my budget, but now that I'm wearing "regular" clothes and because it's summer, the flip flops are being used. For some reason, having painted toes gives me confidence, so this may become a monthly treat.

I also decided, while we were there, to get Isabel a hair cut. 


Brushing her hair has always been a struggle, so I asked her if she wanted to and then let her decide on the style. 


I'm hoping this will make our mornings and evenings a little less stressful and involve a lot less tears.

I spent a large portion of the day crocheting and am making a lot of progress on the current blanket I'm working on. My goal was to have it done by the 20th, but it looks as though I should finish before then if all goes as planned.

We are celebrating the 4th with both my parents and Patrick's parents at a barbeque at my parents house. Then we're coming home, getting the dog and walking just over a mile to watch the fireworks. It's looking to be a very relaxing day and I couldn't ask for more!

I hope everyone has a very safe and happy holiday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment