Monday, July 6, 2015

Family Outing

The big kids joined us for the holiday weekend and we made the most of it! We decided yesterday to use Sunday as a beach day, but that plan quickly changed.

Instead, we decided to stay in town and go bowling.







We used a coupon for 2 hours of bowling, which ended up being two games for the 5 of us. I won the first game with a high score of 91.. Isabel was right behind me at 88. 

After warming up, Kaleb and Patrick had quite the game against each other, 116 - 161, with Patrick picking up momentum towards the end and winning.

I'm not going to lie, bowling is not at the top of my mind when I try to think of something for us to do, but we always have so much fun. It's relatively inexpensive and can be a quick 1 hour activity.






After having dinner at the in-laws, I was heading home and had an itch to stop at Home Goods. I let Isabel make te decision on whether we went or not because she hates shopping, but she chose Home Goods. I am so glad she did!


Although the kids bathroom is small, and isn't used often because there's only a bath and no shower, I thought this piece of furniture would work well for added storage. We'll see if it stays there or gets moved to another spot, but I like it.



I also found this bench with locker style drawers. It was originally going to go in the kids room, but didn't quite work in there, so I maneuvered some furniture in our bedroom and it is perfect. I love it so much and feel like it transformed our room a lot. Just need a lamp or other tall item to make the wall space feel less empty. 


This piece was where the new piece was, and I couldn't get rid of it or find another place in the house for it, so it moved spaces. The picture on top was on clearance and fits well with our Mammoth Lakes themed decor. 

I love when I can find goodies that just make me so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment