Sunday, October 25, 2015

Long Distance Training Run- 4 Miles

I was so ready to not complete the mileage this weekend..

We originally had 9 miles scheduled, but after looking at both of our schedules, we decided to switch this week and next. But, I find that it's easier for me to talk myself out of the lower mileage runs.

Patrick and I woke to at 5 yesterday morning to set up for our garage sale: 


We were out until almost 4!!! A lot longer than we had planned, especially since we were doing it again this morning. 

I was exhausted yesterday evening, so it wasn't difficult to talk myself out of going. Then we got up early again this morning, so no run planned beforehand. 

That left tonight. Which was almost enough to talk myself out of going. 

But I told myself if I tracked a route on mapmyrun from our house to where we were going for dinner and it was close to 4 miles then I would run there.. 

Mapmyrun on the computer tracked it at 4.21 miles, mapmyrun app on my phone tracked it at 4.92 miles (5.02 after walking around the parking lot), and Patrick's car tracked it at 4.42 miles. Hmmmm... 

It may be time to try my GPS watch again. Or to start searching for a new one. If the distance is that far off, then I'm sure the speed is off too. I want accurate data! 

The issue with the one I have now is that it doesn't link to my computer the way it should. The USB cord doesn't read correctly and I can't get the data the way it should show (similar to the mapmyrun app). 

That data is important to me..

So, I either use my phone, knowing the data is incorrect, or spend money when we're trying to get out of debt/save.. GPS watches, good ones, are not cheap..

So, it looks like incorrect data it is! 




No matter what, I went out and did it, even when I really didn't want to. And that feels great!! 

Now to mentally prepare myself for the challenge at boot camp that starts tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment