Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Blanket Updates

I am finding that although my orders so far have all come from family and friends I am truly loving my side business. I am finding a way to work with the stash of yarn I have collected over the past year and am using my spare (HA!) time working on a hobby that relaxes me.

I really didn't want to have to find a part time job where I would be spending a lot of time away from my family. It wouldn't really make sense for me to work 40 hours a week from 8-5, not counting travel time, and add additional hours on top of that. If I thought I felt guilty spending time training or going to boot camp twice a week I couldn't even imagine how I would feel adding in a second job.

Thankfully I am able to "work from home" and spend time with my family while I crochet. Although I know it's frustrating for both Patrick and Isabel to constantly see me crocheting while we're together, they understand that for now, while I'm working on custom orders, it's my job. Once those custom orders are completed and I'm just working on filling up the Etsy store, I can be more flexible and have set times that I'm focusing on crocheting.

Yesterday I spent some time updating the photographs for the Etsy store and included some yarn combinations that haven't been crocheted yet. I think that eventually I'll get some orders, but for now I'm going to appreciate the friends and family that have been supporting me since I started.





I think what I love most about what I do is that customers get to choose the colors that fit their needs. I've been lucky enough to have some orders that I get a general "It's a girl, so something pink? Whatever you think.." and then I get to go out to the stash and figure out a combination, but I think having the freedom to choose whatever colors they want makes this a great choice when it comes to gifting something to a little one in your life.

Please visit me at my Etsy store or on Facebook. Do not hesitate to reach out, place an order, like and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment