Friday, October 23, 2015

I Drank the Kool Aid

My sister and brother-in-law have been going to boot camp and eating better since May and the results both of them have achieved are absolutely incredible and inspiring..

After 16 weeks on Weight Watcher's I am down a total of 8.4 pounds. I'm proud of that, however I want more.

I don't want to just lose weight to see a lower number on the scale. I want to lose inches and be confident in a bikini. I want to learn to eat better foods. I want so much more..

Weight Watcher's can provide that, if you follow the program. I wasn't. Not as well as I could have. I'll miss the people and that community, but that was really the only reason I was still going. The meetings were my me time.

But now my me time is at boot camp. With a new group of people who also have my best interest at heart.

Overall, it came down to finances and wanting to see results. I couldn't afford doing both each month and had to choose what was best for me. I know what my body can look like when I workout and workout hard, and I know that in order to achieve that I need to go to boot camp and eat better. Much better.

I weighed in last night and am excited to watch myself transform. 


I promised myself that I would go to at least two classes a week and have kept that promise for the first two weeks. 





(Photos by Hyperion Fitness and Eric)

But starting next week I'll be going 3-4 times a week as I've signed up for a challenge. 


I'm trying to find a way to balance it, but I know that focusing on my health is beneficial in so many ways and not just for me. I'm happier when I workout (hello endorphins!) and I'm setting a better example for Isabel by preparing better meals for all of us and by showing her that it's good to take time out for yourself. 

I needed the push to step out of my comfort zone and I'm so glad I did! It didn't take long at all to feel welcome in this community, to feel accepted, to feel addicted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment