Sunday, March 8, 2015

One Week


And with that, I am officially in self doubt/freak out mode.. 

I do this before every race. I psyche myself out and think of all the things I should have done during training. I think of all the strength training workouts I skipped, I think of all the cross training I should have done, I think of all the miles I didn't walk or run. 

But that's not a productive use of my time. So, although I am in the mind set that race day will be here before I know it and freaking out seems like the best solution I am instead going to focus all of that energy on something else.. 

I am in taper mode, so going out and doing all the workouts won't help anything even though that's all I want to do right now (go figure). I took Monday-Thursday off from all workouts completely. Not smart and not something I'm proud of. 

But that changed Friday when I decided to drop Isabel off at school and then run home. 7.06 miles. Then Isabel had a hike yesterday from 10-3 and after running some errands I got back early and went for a walk. 5.22 miles. And finally today. I started with a 4.44 mile walk with my sister and plan on going on both the treadmill and the stationary bike later today. Nothing crazy or too intense, but a way to work on getting those jitters out. 

The countdown has begun and there's nothing I can change or do to slow it down in order to feel more prepared. No matter what happens on race day, it's going to be amazing. I know that much..

Even if the weather report is not helping with the mental side of it all.


Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate.

That's all I can do at this point. 

Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment