Thursday, March 26, 2015

5 Year Runnerversary

Tomorrow is a very important date for me. It marks 5 years since I completed my first race, a 5K on my 25th birthday..


I hated every single second of it, right up until I crossed the finish line. After that, I was hooked. 

Here I am, 5 years later and I have a history that I am very proud of. 

5Ks- 12
10Ks- 5
10 milers- 1
Half marathons- 23
Full marathons- 5

To make this anniversary even more special, the same race I ran 5 years ago, The Great Race of Agoura, is being held the day after my birthday this year. 5 years and 1 day after my first 5K I will be running the Chesebro Half Marathon at the same event. 

I've been working on setting up and decorating my gym area with all of my running motivation. I'm looking forward to sharing pictures once that's all set up. 

Here's to another 5 years of running, to turning something I hated with a passion into something I can't live without.

2 comments: