Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Lego Themed Birthday Party

I really didn't think I could pull off another birthday that would match the Frozen party of last year.. Although there were no visits from the characters of the Lego movie, I would like to think that this years party held up pretty well compared to last year.

With that being said, next year I may have to consider going into the party store and finding a theme that has all the supplies ready to go. Then again, since Isabel is already thinking of her 8th birthday, it appears as though I'll be piecing together a Teen Titan's Go party, and there's really not much of anything out there for that! 

I do this every year. I get nostalgic and think of Isabel's birth story and I look at my favorite picture of the two of us from that day. Isabel really enjoys hearing the story and about how she was placed on my chest on the operating table and I touched her nose and said "I know you.."


We started our morning off pretty early at a work function. A 5K that we decided to run together. 



Unfortunately, she fell just after mile one and I needed to carry her back to the start with a scraped up knee and elbow that were bleeding. She refused a bandaid though. 

But she was fine just in time to go out to breakfast. 



Next stop was the convention center in LA, where she helped me navigate my way to pick up my race packet for Sunday's marathon. 




And then it was straight home to decorate for her party. 















I still cannot believe I have a 7 year old. It always used to crack me up when people would say how fast time flies, but it is so true! It really does go by in a blink of an eye. 

I wouldn't change a minute of my time with her. Everything we've been through together has helped build our relationship and although I'm not the mom I thought I would be, I am a damn good mom. Not perfect (but no one is), and still learning along the way (anyone want to share the manual?!), but I have a really smart and pretty fantastic little girl. She absolutely pushes my buttons and makes me smile every day. When she hurts, I hurt and there is nothing I wouldn't do to make that hurt stop. She is the brightest part of my day and although it's not always easy, it is absolutely worth every frustrated tear or angry outburst. 

I will never claim to be a great parent. I make mistakes, and I make them often. I've done and said things I'm not proud of. I'm human. But I cannot love another person more than I love my Isabel- my bug. And I can only learn from my mistakes and be better with each day. And when all is said and done, I am a good parent, and I think that's pretty great in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment