Friday, August 1, 2014

August Training Plan



My motivation has been revived. I'm not going to question why or how, I'm just going to go with it and hope it stays around for awhile. 

I made a training schedule for the month of July and didn't quite follow it as closely as I would have liked. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do for August, but I knew that whatever I did, I needed to see success. 

I have always been one to push myself and test my limits whether it's running or strength. I've completed a couple marathons and multiple half marathons. I've set goals that I'm working towards that keep me going. I've completed both 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30, doing both for the full 30 days in a row. I'm not really one to say no to doing multiple workouts in a day because you have to do what you have to do in order to get things done no matter what your schedule looks like. I figured this month would be no different and so I scheduled a month of workouts. 

Saturdays and Sundays will be my long distance run and walking the dog. Whichever day I don't run I will be using the stationary bike for a minimum of 30 minutes. 

Mondays and Thursdays I will be walking at work, running and walking the dog.

Tuesdays will be my "rest" day where I will be walking at work and walking the dog.

Wednesdays I will be walking at work, cross training (jump rope), strength training and walking the dog. 

Fridays will be my other cross training and strength training day but cross training will be the stationary bike. I will also walk at work and walk the dog. 

For this month strength training will be Jillian Michaels Body Revolution phase 1 workouts 1 and 2. 

This week- 
Scheduled: 
Friday 8/1: walk at work, strength training, cross training, walk dog

Saturday 8/2: 3 mile training run, walk dog

Actual: 
Friday 8/1: 2.04 mile walk at work, phase 1 workout 1 strength training, 32 minutes stationary bike cross training, 2.66 mile walk dog

Sunday: 3.17 mile training run, dog will be walked tonight. 

I'm trying to see how many of my scheduled workouts I can actually do this month. I'm going to stay flexible to changes but do my best to get them all done. I'm hoping by the end of the month I can show an after picture of the above calendar except all of the workouts will be highlighted and marked as complete.

I feel motivated and ready to make this month the best I can. No one is standing in my way but myself. That stops right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment