Friday, August 29, 2014

Back on Track

The past couple of weeks I've been off track with quite a bit. Work has been overwhelming and stressful and I've allowed it to affect a lot of areas of my life. I'm not proud of that, but it is a fact.

But I am finally feeling ready to take control of my life and get things into a better place. Mentally, physically, financially, etc.. 

I've decided to take a break from Weight Watcher's. It wasn't making sense for me to pay about $45 every month when I wasn't putting my all into it and when I'm training it is more difficult to lose. I know the training one has caused issues before, so I have no idea why I decided to sign up again when I was already in training.

Weight Watchers does work. I love the program and I love my leader, but in order for it to work you have to be dedicated to it. I'm not right now. I'm more dedicated to running and that's okay. After 12 weeks I had lost 4 pounds. Clearly not a significant amount, but I am down 4 pounds and happy about that. It's just not financially worth it to spend $135 in three months to lose 4 pounds. 

So instead I will use my own method. Will it work? I don't know. I guess it's the same as with Weight Watchers in that it will work if I work it. I physically want it to work, I mentally need it to work.

I took my starting weight, measurements and before pictures on Wednesday.


Bust- 40"
Waist- 34.5"
Hips- 44.5"
L Thigh- 25.25"
R Thigh- 24.5"
L Arm- 12.25"
R Arm- 13"

I went out and found a nice journal. I decided that what I wanted to do was write down what I was eating but not focus on points or calories. Then on the back side of the page I am using it to journal about my day. I think it's been helpful so far, although it's only been 3 days.

 

I'm going to try to make better choices and continue to focus on running, cross training and strength training. I would like to eventually get somewhere in the healthy weight range for my height (between 135-169). I'm not going to be unrealistic about it. In fact, if I had to choose a goal weight it would be 160.8, an even 20 pounds. But at this point I really just want to find a balance of eating healthy and working out.

I know myself and working out is what makes me happiest. As long as I can get a handle on what I'm eating while getting in the workouts I have scheduled for myself then I think I can see some really positive progress.

Here goes nothing. I mean, what do I have to lose at this point? As long as I keep trying then I'm making forward progress. And that's good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment