Saturday, August 9, 2014

Still Sidelined

I had so much motivation going into August. I set up a nice training plan to keep me motivated and active. I was ready to take on the month and attempt a perfect, no excuse month, getting in every workout scheduled even if it meant rescheduling.

And then something so small as a blister has put me out of almost all activity since Sunday. 

I cannot begin to explain the frustration of having the desire to go out and run, or stay in and do a DVD or even walk the dog and not be able to. I have been walking the dog, but I have to wear flip-flops and I can't go as far. 

There are worse things, but for someone who makes the silliest excuses when there is no motivation it can be frustrating to use an excuse to not go, no matter if it is valid.

I attempted a 2 mile walk yesterday. I made it the 2 miles, but my heel was hurting and I don't want to push it and do more damage, keeping me out longer. I'm just impatiently waiting to get back into it while trying to keep in mind that this may be my bodies way of telling me to slow down or that it needs the break.

I was able to transfer my registration for Sunday's race to a nearby race in September, so all is well in regards to that goal of 14 half marathons in 2014. The goal I'm worried about now is my mileage goal of 1250 miles in a year. I started this month ahead for the year, but that can only take me so far. I would really like to get this blister healed so I can get back out there and track more miles. 

This weekend will be forced rest and I will be looking for something to help speed this process along. It just makes me wonder how (after 3 pairs of the same shoe) this one caused so much discomfort and what I'm going to do when I try to break them in again. 

Until my next run, I will be sending out positive running thoughts and PR vibes to those running and/or racing this weekend. 

I haven't been on the sidelines too often (one race I missed for being sick and I was out for a solid 2 months after having surgery on my wrist), but this is not something I am enjoying...

No comments:

Post a Comment