Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Weigh In #12


Not what I was hoping for, but expected. After getting back into the 170s over the weekend that little switch was flipped to put me back into self sabotage mode. I don't know why, but it may be time to put the scale away to avoid the sneak peeks throughout the week. 

The good news, and what I am choosing to focus on, is that I have been successfully tracking for a total of 16 days in a row, including today. The good, the bad, the ugly.. All of it. This is the longest tracking streak I've had in quite some time. 

So, I gained this week. I'm not going to brush it off like it's nothing, because obviously I don't want to keep gaining again, but I realized it's not the end of the world and I managed to make it through the weigh in and meeting without letting the gain affect my mood. I know that going 8 points in the red was a factor as well as the fact I had a lot of sodium at dinner the night before. 

It wasn't surprising at all that the scale was back down this morning.. 

It has given me some extra motivation to make sure that the last weigh in of August is a good one. I really want to end August weighing less than I started it. And that will be the same goal for September- to commit to myself to do my best. To track and to end the month weighing less than the start of the month.
 
The weight may be coming of slowly (painfully slow in fact) but it is coming off. Yes, 4 pounds in 12 weeks is slightly embarrassing, but considering I didn't really commit to the program or to myself I guess I just have to be proud that it's down. I mean, it could be up. It could be up a lot more than when I started.
 
I just have to keep telling myself the same things. Whether I listen or not is another story...
 
"Make better choices. Enjoy the choices you do make. Track it all. Move more. You are worth it. Be proud of who you are and where you are in this."

No comments:

Post a Comment