Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What Can I Say?

I needed a fresh start.

Plain and simple.

I can honestly say that I wasn't putting enough into the blog to get what I wanted out of it. So I decided a new blog may be exactly what I need. A new name, a new focus, new goals.

I'm ready to use this blog for what I need it for- weight loss, running, parenting, owning a house and marriage, among other things. I need a place to put down my experiences throughout this journey. A place to learn from the failures and celebrate the successes.

It took me too long to realize that I don't give myself enough credit for a lot of the things I do. I'm learning to accept myself the way I am while still trying to improve.

I'm not sure what happened, but I have found a new motivation to lose weight, improve in running and be a better mom and wife. I'm hoping to spend some more time focusing on the positive changes I'm making from this point on and to give myself more of a break when I'm not able to accomplish something I've set out to do.

I need to stop looking back to what has happened in the past, especially in regards to my weight. There comes a point where it is no longer helpful to look back at what you've once accomplished. I have spent too long longing to get back to a body that I had years ago (which I still didn't think was good enough at the time) instead of really focusing on what I need to do on this journey.

At this point I'm ready to try anything to help me along the way. There's no shame in doing whatever it takes to be a better person all around. So, here I am getting ready to do what I need to do to see some success.

And with that I'm going to call it a night. There are a lot of exciting things coming up and I can't wait to share them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment