Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Weigh In #5


I weighed in last week with a 0.4 loss a week after a 0.4 gain. I was ecstatic and made a promise to my leader to stay on plan while on vacation and to come back with a loss.

Not the smartest plan as our bodies do crazy things on a daily basis let alone while being out of town for 5 days and there's no way of knowing what it will do at any given time.

If I'm being 100% honest, I could have done better. At the same time I could have done a lot worse. And I am overall very happy with how I ate while away. 

 
Starting weight: 185.4
Current weight: 181.4
Weekly +/-: -0.6
Total +/-: -4.0

Obviously I would have liked better results, but I can't dwell on it now and I absolutely refuse to be upset with a loss of any kind. I ate well and I splurged occasionally. It was a pretty darn good vacation food-wise and I did much better than I normally do. In the past, for me, a vacation meant a free for all

This weigh in is giving me a huge push to be better at this weight loss journey. To make healthier choices, track every day, workout and start spending some time in the kitchen. 

That last part, being in the kitchen, gives me anxiety. I'm more of a baker than a cook and I'm not even very good at that. I have a tendency to be hard on myself and I get frustrated when I make a mistake, so cooking is just not something I feel comfortable diving head first into. Thankfully I have a wonderful husband who loves to cook and is willing to help me along the way. I've been finding recipes that I think I would be comfortable helping with and eventually making myself. I know that eating at home will help a lot. 

For now I can only look forward to the coming week. I can (and will) track. I can (and will) drink more water. I can (and will) follow my workout schedule as closely as possible. I can commit to those things and hope for the best because that's what I'm going to be putting into it, my best.

These will be my goals for the coming week:
1. Track. Everything.
2. Drink more water.
3. Follow workout schedule as closely as possible.
4. Stay off the scale except for at weigh in Tuesday night.
5. Be kind to myself and write at least 5 positives about myself.

These will be my weekly goals to attempt each and every week. I may or may not add more, but these five are what I should be aiming for every week in order to succeed, and they are pretty attainable goals, which is what I need right now. I have a habit of making goals for myself that I can't or don't reach and I get frustrated with myself. So, for now I will be making goals that push myself just enough, but that I know I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment