Friday, June 20, 2014

One Pound at a Time


Losing weight and weight loss in general is something that has been on my mind for over 10 years. I've grown up with low self esteem and a negative body image and I'm at the point in my life that I really want to start focusing on something else other than my body and my weight.

My first weight loss attempt was when I was a senior in high school. I was 17-18 and joined Weight Watcher's. I'm 29 now and just rejoined. Not including the times I've attempted to lose weight on my own or using a free program, this is my fourth attempt.

I continue to come back to this particular program for one simple reason.. It works.
 
 
I rejoined Weight Watcher's on May 20th at 185.4 pounds. Not my highest adult weight, but high enough to know that it's time to do something. 

I've been on the program, but not necessarily on plan, for four weeks. Here are the results from those weigh ins:

Week one:


Week two:


Week three:


Week four:


I can't ask for better results considering that I haven't been following the plan as closely as I could have been. I've spent many days doing well the first half of the day and then I stop tracking and it's like a free for all. Come Monday (the day before weigh-in day), I stress about seeing a gain and do my best.

That cycle has to stop. It's not healthy and it's not worth it. I want to see success, I mean I'm paying for it so why wouldn't I be giving it my all? 

Part of it is self-sabotage and to be honest I'm not exactly sure why. That's something I would need to dig deeper to figure out. Until I figure it out though, I need to realize that I am worth doing this right. I am worth losing weight, I am worth getting in shape, I am worth feeling good about myself.

This weeks plan is plain and simple. Eat well, make good choices and most importantly- TRACK! There is a saying I heard at my meeting that says "only track the weeks you want to lose weight." That's what I need to focus on, tracking. I know it works. I know it helps. I know it's an important part of the entire process. Well, tracking and staying within my points..

So hopefully I can see an improvement on the scale on Tuesday. It's going to be a real test to my self control with food, but I think that I can do it and I know that if I stick to my points and make decent choices along with sticking to my workouts then there should be no question as to what the scale will say.

To be honest, I need to see an earned success. Keep the momentum going with the motivation by working the program the way it's meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment