Friday, June 27, 2014

Home Update- Kids Room Before/After

At the beginning of this month we moved from a two bedroom, two bathroom apartment that was just over 800 square feet to a 3 bedroom, two bathroom house that is on a lot over 10,000 square feet.

I cannot begin to express my love for our home or the happiness it brings me when I see it or think of it. Everything about this house brings a smile to my face and I couldn't be more content with our choice and the ease of the house buying experience. The move may have caused some stress, but when all was said and done and the last box was unpacked it was all worth it...



















We received our keys on June 3rd. 
 
Brought the first set of boxes over on the 4th.
 
We began painting on the 5th, which lasted through the 8th. 
 
We made frequent trips to the house the following week, each time bringing more and more boxes.
 
The movers came on the 14th.
 
We were unpacked by the afternoon of the 15th.
 
We still have odds and ends to do (putting up the chair railing in the living room, hanging pictures in Isabel's room, hanging pictures in our bedroom as well as buying a few décor items, making a plan for the back garden, making a plan for the garage area, etc).
 
The progress we made in such a short amount of time amazes me and I couldn't be happier with how Patrick and I worked together to make it come together. We owe so much to both sides of our families for their help and support during our move and especially with the painting.
 
I'm excited to share the before and after pictures, however since not all of the rooms are quite ready I will be doing it one room at a time.
 
The first room that is completely finished is the kid's room/guest room. Since Patrick's kids are with us every other weekend (more often during the summer) they will be sharing a room that will double as a guest room when they are not here and if needed (we very rarely have guests). I'm not going to lie, this may be one of my favorite rooms in the entire house.
 





















One of the things I'm the most proud of are the little details around the room, the pictures by each of the kids beds of their favorite things:


 
I also added some other art décor around the room on the walls:



And of course some furniture and miscellaneous items:





Overall, this has been such an amazing experience and I can't wait to share more of the house as well as to continue to decorate. I have found with this experience that I have a hidden passion for home decorating and I can't believe how lucky I am to have almost free range to do as I please. I can only hope that I'm making a decent home for our family and that Patrick and the kids like it as much as I do.

On to finish the next room!

2 comments:

  1. I love the look. You are so creative with your decorating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate that :)

      Delete