Monday, June 30, 2014

Currently #1

There's no better way to end a month then by reviewing it. I saw this going around for awhile about a year or so ago and I really enjoyed it, so I'm going to revive it for myself as an end of the month update.

Currently: Volume 1...June

Loving: June was a huge month for us. Patrick and I did something that neither of us thought we'd ever be able to do, or at least not yet. But we bought our house, we moved in, and we're making it our home. We've made huge progress and every day I love it more. It's been a bit of an adjustment and I'm sure there are many more things to discover and learn about being homeowners, but I am in love with our home and cannot wait until we can finish a few more projects so that we can share our home with our family and friends.

Reading: June was not the best month for reading. I started a book while we were on vacation in Mammoth, but didn't make much progress on it as there wasn't much time between hiking, horseback riding, running, shopping, etc. I'm looking forward to spending some time on my porch swing with a good book. Until then I'll probably just continue to add to my collection by visiting the used book store. 

Watching: I'm not a huge television watcher and it takes me forever to watch a movie. Anyone could name off ten movies and I can guarantee I've seen less than half. I don't know why, but if someone suggests a movie or show I can't just sit down and watch it. I think Patrick has finally figured out how to get me to watch movies with him. All he has to do is put it on and I usually get dragged into it and will watch it to the end, usually asking 100 questions along the way. Even if it's a movie I don't care to see. Most recently he got me to watch Gangs of New York and Bad Boys. Two movies that are not on my list of must sees, but now I can say that I've seen them! I'm the type of person who would rather watch the same show or movie multiple times. Like Sherlock (the BBC version). I'd watch that every day!!

Anticipating: I am anticipating the next 6 month of training. I am both excited and nervous to train for the Dopey Challenge. I know in my heart that I can do it, but my head is doubting my physical abilities. My head is also doing some negative talk about how it's not really completing it if I don't actually do the race at Walt Disney World. I know that I'm doing this for myself, to prove that I can do it, but I have a feeling that I'm going to finish and not feel proud of myself. I have 6 months to work on those demons along with the physical training!! 

Planning: Patrick and I decided to host a 4th of July barbecue at our house this year. It's the first holiday we'll be hosting and cooking. We hosted Father's Day the day after moving in, but we picked up food. This holiday we will have to plan a menu, shop for food, cook and entertain. I couldn't be more excited!! I finally feel like we can invite people over and have plenty of space for multiple people. Although we loves our apartment and it was home to us for two years, it was just too small to ever really do anything or have anyone over.

Working on: I spent a lot of June working on different schedules and calendars. I created a budget to loosely follow in June (until we get a better idea of what our bills will look like) as well as chore charts, savings charts, a credit card debt payment plan and a training schedule. I love updating them and seeing the progress we are making towards our financial goals and the progress I am making towards my physical goals. The important part I am learning is that I need to look at what we aren't succeeding at and making a plan to work on these areas. I think we're doing a pretty good job though and I'm sure we'll continue to improve as we get more used to the added expenses.

Wishing: I am wishing that I can continue this positive vibe I'm on today. I had a few negative thoughts over the weekend about my body and all that stuff that won't change until I start changing it, but it doesn't stop the thoughts from popping up. Thankfully I woke up today in a much better mood and I'm enjoying the endorphins from the two walks and the strength DVD I did. I'm sure if I continue the workouts and eating well and getting enough sleep then my wish will come true.

What are you currently up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment