Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Weigh In

Starting weight: 183.8
Goal weight: 163.8
Last weeks weight: 182.6
Current weight: 182.4
Current +/-: -0.2
Total +/-: -1.4
BMI: 26.9
Body fat %: 28.3%

Measurements- 
Bust: 40"
Waist: 35.5"
Hips: 44.5"
L thigh: 25.75"
L arm: 12.5"


This past weekend was very mentally draining as I contemplated my relationship with running and my future with it. I debated whether to share my feelings about it here, but it came down to not really knowing what to say or how to say it at the time. Now that I have a better idea of where I'm at and what my future might hold I think I'm ready to share in a different post, just in case someone somewhere might be feeling similar things. I'm sure it won't make a lot of sense because I'm still figuring it all out, but why not get it out instead of holding it all in.. 

For now, though, I'm updating my weight for the last time in February as I have decided to weigh in and update all of the above stats only once a month. My goal in doing this is to finally stop giving the scale so much control and to allow myself a chance to really focus on eating foods that make me happy. I'm not tracking the calories I burn and instead allowing myself to eat anywhere from the minimum calories MFP gives me (as of now 1510) up to 2000. If I'm hungry, I'll eat. If I'm craving something, I'll have one serving. If I go over, it's not the end of the world. 

I need to stop treating food like the enemy, something to fear how it will affect my weigh in. Food is what keeps us alive and it is delicious and should be enjoyed. I want to enjoy my food without feeling guilty about carbs or calories or fat. I don't want to go crazy, but I need to stop obsessing. 

As for exercise... Well, I'm still in training mode and working on falling back in love with running. That's all I have to say about that for now. 

I am strength training and have increased my workouts from two days a week to three. My focus right now is to feel stronger so that come July I am able to make it through Body Revolution- 6 days a week. I have split up No More Trouble Zones into two 35 minute workouts that I plan on doing Monday's and Wednesday's and then using another of Jillian Michael's DVDs on Friday's. 

I want to look toned, but more importantly I want to feel strong. 

I know her workouts work, I just have to do them to see the results. I also know that for me I don't usually see results from strength training or long distance training on the scale. Which is why when I do weigh in next month I will also take measurements and my body fat % to hopefully see changes there, where it matters.

I feel good about this. I feel ready to make these changes. I'm not getting any younger.. I need to do this now.

I'm not too excited about my before pictures, but you have to start somewhere..




No comments:

Post a Comment