Friday, February 6, 2015

My New Toy

I really like the gadgets I use to track my progress. I use my heart rate monitor to track the calories I burn, my GPS watch to track the distance I walk and/or run, my pedometer to keep track of steps, my interval timer for running and increasing how long I run for, etc. 

At this point I feel part robot with all the straps and watches I have on, but I have a hard time running "naked" and part of my joy of running comes from seeing how far I'm going, what my pace is, how hard I'm working, etc. Running by feel is good, but for me I can only do that occasionally. The not knowing drives me crazy, so I continue to put it all on before I go for my run. 

And now I have an additional gadget to put on..


I purchased the Jawbone UP last week and it finally arrived in the mail yesterday. I charged it last night and started wearing it today. It's been fun so far to plug it into my phone and see the progress I'm making. I think I'm even more excited to see what my sleep looks like, because I know it's probably not going to be pretty.

I really think I'm going to have fun with this, especially once I've plugged it in for a few days and have data to compare. I love numbers and I love seeing areas that I can improve on. 

Anything I can do to be healthier and to give me more knowledge into how to do so is worth it to me. I have never once regretted the purchases I've made when it comes to my running gear, so I doubt I'll regret this.

I have a sneaky suspicion that it's going to push me to do more than I already am...

No comments:

Post a Comment