Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Jillian Michael's Made Me Cry

I've been trying to stay consistent with my strength training over the past couple months. I started in December and managed to get in 5 out of 5 strength sessions. 

January was not perfect, but pretty good. I moved on from 30 Day Shred and started Ripped in 30, taking a break the week of and the week after Dopey. I managed to get in 4 out of 5 strength sessions. 

Keeping the strength to two days a week fits well in my schedule and doesn't feel overwhelming. At the same time, I'm getting into my head about it not being enough.. Especially on nights like tonight.

I started week 3 today and found myself cursing Jillian Michael's, doubting myself and my strength/progress, and shedding a tear or two out of frustration. You see, I thought by now I would be able to make it through a workout without feeling like I'm going to die halfway through, without needing to take multiple breaks during the 30 minutes. I should be able to do that.. 

But instead I'm pushing through. Doing as much as I can. I may need to take a few seconds multiple times throughout the workout, but I'm still doing the workout. I'm proud of myself. I'm proud of the fact that I've only skipped one strength workout. I'm proud of the fact I'm sticking to this and getting stronger with each passing day. 

There will be days that push me to doubt myself and push me to tears, but there will also be days that I finish and feel like it wasn't much of a workout at all, but in a good way. I obviously prefer to feel strong, but I do think it's important to be pushed to your limits. 

I have already scheduled my strength workouts for Tuesdays and Thursdays and I think that's a good balance for now. July will be an ultimate test for myself. 90 days, 6 days a week. Body Revolution. To say I'm nervous is an understatement.. 

I know that's it's all worth it. The good, the bad and the tears. I've been appreciating what I've been seeing in the mirror more and more and I am actually excited to take progress pictures this month and see the side by side. To see what has been happening over the past month. 

Here's to looking forward to feeling sore tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment