Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Planning a Birthday Party

Last year Isabel decided she wanted a Frozen themed birthday party. I figured with the popularity of the movie it shouldn't be too difficult to pull off..

Unfortunately the amount of products to choose from at the time were very slim compared to how it is now. You can't go into a store of any kind without seeing something Frozen at this point, but back then? Forget it!

So I got creative..









It was probably the best (and most expensive) birthday party I have thrown (granted it was only my 6th), however I decided after the stress of trying to put something together from nothing that this years birthday, her 7th, would be an easier theme. 

Ha! 

That's not going to happen.. You see, after Isabel requested to have a Frozen birthday party again, I suggested we lean towards the other movie she watches on repeat, The Lego Movie.

Lego's have been popular for as long as I can remember, so I thought with the movie it wouldn't be too difficult to put something awesome together. 

Well, that's not the case. In fact, I can't find anything based on the movie!! What the heck?! I'm really going to do this again??

You bet I am! 

I've been looking through Pinterest for some basic ideas of things I can do for decorations, however to make it easier for myself I'm going with the basic Lego colors: red, blue, yellow and green. The plan is to watch the movie and providing a few things for the kids to do- coloring pages from the movie, small baggies of Legos so they can be "master builders", and of course serving tacos (Taco Tuesday! Even though it will be on a Saturday..) I've saved some creative pins that I'm hoping to use as well: 



And, my awesome sister and her amazing photoshop skills have helped with the invitations, using the following as a base and adding in her personalized flare: 


The more I think about it, the more excited I get to put this together. It allows me to use my creative side and when it all comes together it's so worth it. Especially the look on that little face when she sees it all put together. Who can pass that up?! No amount of stress can stop me from attempting another fabulous party! 

Thankfully I have just over a month to finish planning and preparing. Just over a month to get the creative juices flowing and figure out how to tie it all around a construction worker named Emmet, a master builder named Wyldstyle, and a unikitty, among other characters.. I foresee a lot more Pinterest in my future, but that's not a bad thing!! 

Updates to come as they happen.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment