Sunday, September 20, 2015

Here We Go

I set out to start training a couple weeks ago. I knew I needed that extra time before I started running with my sister again. But, that didn't happen.. 

I couldn't seem to motivate myself to do much of anything. Well, except crochet..

But, I finally had to tell myself that it was time to get serious about this. I knew going into it that I was going to have a hard time. You see, I haven't been consistently active since May/June, and even then it was half-assed. I've gained a good 20+ pounds in that same time period. If I thought running was difficult before, I knew I was in for a rude awakening when we set out for our first training run together.

My sister has found her motivation. I wish I could bottle it up and take it with me. Her dedication to her health has been such a huge inspiration to me and it was incredible watching her run this morning. 

I, on the other hand, did a lot more walking than I would have liked and hung back while I huffed and puffed my way through 4 miles..

But, I did it!! And that it was I'm choosing to focus on.

I can't go back in time to when I was in better shape, or weighed less, or ran daily. That's not who I am anymore. But I did get up, I did get dressed, and I did go out there and gave it my all.

It may not have been pretty, but it was definitely a step in the right direction.

Today is day 3 in a row of working out. 

Day 1: cardio- 45 minutes stationary bike. Strength- 9/18/15
✔️ = 1 Set of 10
Squats: ✔️✔️✔️
Lunges (each leg): ✔️✔️✔️
Calf raises: ✔️✔️✔️✔️
Donkey kicks (each leg): ✔️✔️
Fire hydrants (each leg): ✔️✔️
Crunches: ✔️✔️
Reverse crunches: ✔️✔️
Bridge: ✔️✔️✔️
Bicycle crunches: ✔️✔️

Day 2: cardio- 45 minutes treadmill, 2.61 miles


Day 3: 4.06 mile interval run, 1:1 intervals




To say I'm proud of myself is an understatement.. I am doing it! 

And as far as weight watcher's goes.. I'm down another 0.2 this week. Another undeserved loss.


But, seeing another loss makes me wonder what I can do when I actually put my mind to it. I deserve to see success. At running, on the scale, everywhere. I just have to get out of my own way..

No comments:

Post a Comment