Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Weigh In

Starting weight: 183.8
Goal weight: 163.8
Last weeks weight: 184.0
Current weight: 184.6
Current +/-: +0.6
Total +/-: +0.8
BMI: 27.2


 
I would be lying if I claimed I made it the full two weeks with tracking perfectly, working out and staying off the scale. In fact, I didn't do so well in any of those areas. But I am making progress and that's what I'm choosing to focus on.

I have lost a lot of motivation when it comes to running. I had hoped that a pretty busy race schedule for 2015 would prevent the post race burn out after Dopey, but even though I was ready to keep going after the 48.6 miles, that endorphin glow quickly wore off and I had very little desire to do much of anything fitness related. Part of the reason I haven't been blogging recently..

The only thing keeping me going during the past two and a half weeks has been my goals that are fitness related. 1702 miles and 5000 minutes on the bike aren't going to run/walk or pedal themselves..

The past few days I've been way too hard on myself, thinking how I'm failing at my goals if I don't reach my monthly goals towards my yearly goals. I've been so focused on the negatives that I'm not giving myself that opportunity to take a step back and realize there are still 11 months left in the year. Plenty of time to do what needs to be done! 

I've been enjoying my two days of strength training and although the results aren't as intense or as quick as when I did 30 Day Shred 30 days in a row, it's manageable and I do feel stronger. The physical appearance changes will happen when they happen, for now I'm just happy to make it through a workout feeling a little stronger than I did the workout before. 

As of right now I am at a total of 133.48 miles out of my monthly goal of 141.83, and I've biked 275 minutes out of my monthly goal of 416.67 minutes. Meaning I will need to run and/or walk 2.09 miles and bike 35.41 minutes every day for the rest of the month, including today. I can do that, and if I don't it's not a crazy amount to try to make up.

Although my focus tends to lean towards fitness I do need to spend more time looking into what I'm eating. I don't want to restrict myself, however I haven't finished a day under 2,000 calories since January 15th, and I'm not even sure if I tracked honestly that day.. 

Most days I am burning calories and finishing under my daily goal, but I still think 2000 calories more often than not is not helping any weight loss, even if it is helping fuel my workouts. This is where I struggle the most, finding that balance.

But I'll get there. I'm going to keep tracking honestly and still forcing myself to get a workout in. Eventually the motivation will come back and it will be second nature again. Until then, I'm back to faking it until I make it. 


For some reason Marley loves to sit on the scale.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment