Sunday, September 7, 2014

Ventura Pier 2 Pier Half

Today was half marathon number 9 for the year. 5 more to go. 

This was my first time participating in the Ventura Pier 2 Pier half marathon, however I have completed a few half marathons this year that started around the same place and ran part of the same course. 












The race started at 7am and was already pretty warm at that time. It ended up being a pretty hot day, but I stuck to my intervals and pushed through when it got difficult. It helped that a runner coming the opposite direction had a friend directly in front of me as she yelled "keep with your pace, do not allow your head to get in the way! You got this!!" I used it as motivation for myself and pushed hard.

I thought I had started my GPS watch at the start line, but looked down at about 0.2 and realized it never started. It was at that point that I decided to not keep track  of mile times, but instead to check my average pace at the end. My goal was to have an average pace of less than a 13 minute mile. 


Avg pace- 12:33

Waiting for an official time, but I believe I finished around 2:45. I'm happy with that time. That's around my normal finishing time when I'm not going out for a PR, and since I did that in February and have no goals to increase my pace until next year then I have no reason to not be proud of myself. 


Worst part of the race- the heat
Best part of the race- seeing the lead runner for the marathon pass by. So strong.

Monthly mileage goal: 105 miles
Monthly mileage as of 9/6: 20.64 miles

  
Yearly mileage goal: 1250 miles
Yearly mileage goal as of 9/6: 884.61 miles
70.76% complete
  
Total mileage recorded to date (1/1/12-9/6/14): 2634.62 miles
  
This week's mileage: 20.64 mile week
Sunday 8/31: n/a
Monday 9/1: 3.05 mile interval run
Tuesday 9/2: 2.04 mile walk, 1.34 mile walk
Wednesday 9/3: 2.04 mile walk, 1.34 mile walk, 2.24 mile interval run
Thursday 9/4: 2.04 mile walk, 1.34 mile walk
Friday 9/5: 2.04 mile walk
Saturday 9/6: 3.17 mile walk

This week's workout schedule (workouts may be rescheduled as needed)

Sunday 8/31: walk 3 miles, cross training
Monday 9/1: run
Tuesday 9/2: strength training
Wednesday 9/3: run
Thursday 9/4: strength training
Friday 9/5: cross training
Saturday 9/6: walk 3 miles, cross training

Actual: 
Sunday 8/31: rest
Monday 9/1: 3.05 mile interval run
Tuesday 9/2: strength training- 30 Day Shred Level One
Wednesday 9/3: 2.24 mile interval run

Thursday 9/4: strength training- Body Revolution phase 1 workout 1
Friday 9/5: cross training- 45 min stationary bike
Saturday 9/6: 3.17 mile walk, cross training- 30 min stationary bike

Next week's workout schedule (workouts may be rescheduled as needed)
Sunday 9/7: Ventura Pier 2 Pier Half
Monday 9/8: run
Tuesday 9/9: strength training
Wednesday 9/10: run
Thursday 9/11: strength training
Friday 9/12: cross training
Saturday 9/13: long distance run- 3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment