Saturday, September 6, 2014

Pre-Race Jitters

I went to packet pick up this morning.
 

I have done many races (all this year) that have been by or near the Ventura Pier. All have been amazing experiences with beautiful views of the ocean. All have started with pre-race nerves.

I will not lie, but for me, it does not get any easier. I still get nervous, I still have doubts, the negative voices still creep in telling me I'm not good enough, I will be last or I won't finish at all. 

The night before race night is usually a late one. I try to go to bed early, I try to get enough sleep, it rarely happens. I try to lay out my race outfit as best I can so I'm not scrambling in the dark before 5am waking up Patrick, Isabel and the animals. I still usually forget something. I try to relax, remind myself that this is not my first rodeo and good or bad it will be just another run, another bib, another medal. 

I have never run this particular race before, but I am pretty excited about it. It seems like it's going to be a good crowd with lots of support along the course. I never know if it's going to be a good run day or not, but I'm going to go into it with positive thoughts that I can do this. 

Plus I get to wear this on Monday..


And, of course, I get to add more memories, more motivation to my new garage/gym. 


We owe a huge thank you to my brother-in-law for spending some time yesterday working on the electrical in the garage. Now that it is done, we are able to set up our spaces. Isabel's art room is ready to be decorated and used. My gym is set up and ready for the stationary bike (which I'm on now) and hopefully one day a treadmill. I am looking forward to getting a nice fan to use while I workout and get some cross training and strength training done. And Patrick's "man cave" has some work to be done, but the tv is set up and ready to go.

I am really excited to have my own space to workout and am hoping to get good use out of it. I plan to at least.. 

But for now I'm going to finish my workout, finish getting my stuff ready for tomorrow and try to rest and get to bed early. 

Race recap will hopefully be posted tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment